The City of Paris' Museums are open Tuesday to Sunday, from 10am to 6pm.
On Thursdays, opening hours are extended for temporary exhibitions to 8pm at the Petit Palais and 10pm at the City of Paris Museum of Modern Art.
Municipal museums are closed on public holidays and some religious holidays : January 1st, Easter Monday (and Sunday in some Museums), Ascension Day-May 9th 2013, Pentecost-May 19th 2013 (and Sunday in some museums), May 1st, May 8th (except for the General Leclerc Museum - Jean Moulin Museum), July 14, August 15, November 1st, November 11th, December 25th. Except The Catacombs which are open on November 1st, November 11th.
Since December 2001, acces to the permanent collections is free for all visitors in the following museums :
- City of Paris Museum of Modern Art
- Balzac's House (except when a temporary exhibition is programed)
- Bourdelle Museum*
- Carnavalet Museum - History of Paris
- Cernuschi Museum - Museum of Asian Art
- Cognacq-Jay Museum - Museum of the XVIIIth century art*
- Museum of the General Leclerc and the Paris' Liberation - Jean Moulin Museum
- Petit Palais - City of Paris Museum of Fine Arts
- Museum of Romantics
- Victor Hugo's House
- Zadkine Museum*
To support museums, a donation ticket for visiting a permanent or a temporary exhibition is available to the amount of 5€, on the basis of a voluntary contribution by the visitors.
However, there is an entrance fee all year long at the Catacombs, the Archaeological Crypt of Notre-Dame, and at Galliera - Museum of Fashion.
To find out more about the museums' location and how to access them, visit their pages or locate them on the map.
* Only a section of the museum is accessible for free when a temporary exhibition is programed